We are a distributed work expert
Our mission is to turn distributed work into a highly liquid, tradable commodity that can be easily bought and sold.
Microtask was founded in 2009 by four Finnish serial entrepreneurs. Our investors include Sunstone Capital and strategic private investors. We have offices in Helsinki, Tampere and San Francisco.
Distributed work, eh!?
Distributed work is work that can be completed over the internet. Examples include the digitization and annotation of archives, and the processing of handwritten forms. The concept of distributed work is developing rapidly, and the list of potential applications growing each day. Distributed work will greatly expand the traditional outsourcing market, and also make it more efficient, flexible and productive. This is because the basic unit of traditional outsourcing is a single employee, while Microtask’s basic unit is only a few seconds of a person’s time.
Microtask concentrates on high volumes of menial, repetitive and boring work. Our service platform automatically splits work assignments into tiny pieces and distributes them to our digital workers around the world. Because we guarantee our work with service level agreements, our customers can rely on us.
Microtask’s unique solution enables:
- Pay-as-you-go pricing
- Safe processing of confidential information
- Real-time, reliable results and automated quality control
- Processing of extremely high volumes of work (in the billions of tasks)
If you use our services, this means:
- Your highly trained personnel can stop wasting time with menial tasks
- You only buy work when you actually need it
- You can develop new services which rely on readily available, instantly scalable human labor
For more information, please give us a call or drop an email.